Building a new home? How independent inspections can help you avoid the pitfalls of shoddy workmanship
It’s an all too familiar scenario: you’ve decided to build a new home and have spent endless hours researching the right builder to deliver your dream project. Doing your homework is important – you don’t want a builder that cuts corners and sacrifices workmanship. Unfortunately, even after you’ve completed thorough...
Australians have long had a love affair with real estate and buying property is for most, the biggest – and possibly the longest - financial commitment they will ever make. But there is one crucial step to take to ensure your purchase is as safe as houses: arranging a pre-purchase...
After months of excitedly waiting, your dream home has finally been built and it’s now time to move in. But don’t rush to pop the cork on that bottle of champagne that has patiently been chilling; the celebrations must wait. Whether you are holding the keys to a new build...
builder dispute Building building defects Building disputes building inspection buildinginspection building inspections building report construction contract disputes critical stage inspections dilapidation report expert witness report Hiring a project manager inspectionreports Inspections new home owner-builder Pest and building inspection pre-handover inspection pre-purchase property inspection pre purchase property report progressinspections project management propertydamage property inspection renovating
- Thinking of joining the Owner-Builder club? Think again! 12/04/2021
- What you need to know about your building contract, before you sign on the dotted line 11/03/2021
- From building wars to Home Sweet Home: how to resolve a dispute with your builder 04/12/2020
- Buyer beware: a home buyer’s nightmare thwarted in the nick of time 18/11/2020
- Dilapidation Reports: why you should never start work without one 04/11/2020